Dr Arindam Banerjee – Associate Professor and Assistant Dean – Global MBA and Master of Global Business, SP Jain, was conferred with the prestigious annual “Education 2.0 - Outstanding Leadership Award” at the InterContinental, Dubai Festival City, UAE, on December 17, 2022. The award was given in the presence of leading luminaries in the field of education from Asia, the USA, Europe, Australia, and Africa.
The award is specifically curated to encourage leaders and innovators in the higher education sector. This annual event is held in the USA and UAE and engages senior globally renowned educationists in selecting the winners. The process for selecting the winner was an extensive one that included multiple rounds which evaluated aspects relating to continuous research contribution, the applicability of research and the span of research.
At the event, Dr Banerjee also spoke on the topic 'AI-enabled learning for personalised & engaging students' learning experience'.
Some of the key points discussed by him were:
- How can AI achieve personalised learning
- What are the possible risks of using AI technology?
- How can AI and data personalise higher education?
- How is AI making education interesting & better for students?
- Transforming the classroom experience with AI and machine learning
The three-day event aspired to offer its stage to education leaders with inspiring stories, journeys and perspectives and promote networking and collaboration between like-minded peers. The conference highlighted the disruptive technologies, tools and practices that have the potential to reshape the future of learning.
Dr Banerjee shared the five key takeaways from the event:
- The future of education
- New models of education system both in primary and higher education space
- Challenges faced by the traditional education system and ways to overcome them
- Technology and its impact on the education system
Gathering the most renowned educationists, EdTech innovators, policymakers, and researchers, the Education 2.0 Conference reimagined the education space. It sought innovative solutions to the most pressing problems impacting learning and teaching on a global level. Given the critical role of education in empowering young minds, raising the quality of lives of millions worldwide and creating a better, brighter tomorrow, the Summit aimed to fuel dialogue and drive change in this sector.