BACHELOR’S DEGREE: As this is a postgraduate program, you must already be a university graduate to apply. Candidates who do not have their final year results can apply for the intake but SP Jain can only make a conditional offer.
WORK EXPERIENCE: The candidate must have 3+ years of full-time work experience.
CONSULTING MANAGEMENT ELIGIBILITY:
Please note that admission to the Consulting Management specialisation is stringent and highly competitive. To qualify, applicants must meet at least one of the following three entry requirements:
- 8 years (minimum) of full-time work experience in a single domain
- 3 years (minimum) of full-time work experience as a Consultant in a Consultancy firm
GMATscore of 700+ or CAT/SPJAT score of 95 percentile and above
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: An English Language Proficiency Score (ELPS) is a mandatory requirement for a student to obtain an Australian visa.
At the time of applying for the program, a student is not required to show an ELPS. However, on being offered admission and prior to the course commencement, students are required to submit their score.
Acceptable scores are as follows:
- IELTS minimum score of 6.5 (students may opt to appear for the Academic or General IELTS test)
- TOEFL iBT minimum score of 70
- Pearson Test of English minimum score of 60
English Language Test scores must be submitted on or before April 5, 2019 (for the May intake) and August 5, 2019 (for the September intake). Only test scores obtained in the last 2 years will be considered. This is also a mandatory requirement for a student to obtain an Australian visa.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis (i.e. evaluated when they are received) so the sooner you apply, the better your chances for being selected.
Candidates only need to submit one application, but may apply for two (2) specialisations with a single application. Admission is offered for only one specialisation and the applicant cannot make changes to the offer. Submitting more than one application form may disqualify a candidate for admission.
If you do not desire placement services or are taking a leave of absence from your present employers (with a commitment to rejoin them), mark the relevant box in the application form. Candidates accepted under "non-placements" cannot change to "placement category".
SP Jain requires candidates to take one of the following aptitude tests
Candidates may apply even if they have not yet taken the aptitude test, or if their scores are pending. However, candidates will not be shortlisted for evaluation until they submit final test scores. SP Jain accepts the best score from any of these tests:
- GMAT score of 650 (tested on or after April 1, 2016)
- GRE score of 320 (tested on or after April 1, 2016)
- CAT score in the 80th percentile (results declared in January 2018 or January 2019)
- SPJAT score in the 80th percentile (tested on or after April 1, 2017)
If you do not have a valid GMAT/GRE or CAT, you may appear for the SPJAT (SP Jain Aptitude Test).
*A key objective of our Global MBA program is to construct the classroom with students from diverse backgrounds, industries, cultures, experiences and nationalities who can come together and collectively contribute to the learning process. We do consider candidates who have exceptional academic records/overall profiles, but may have aptitude test scores below our cut-offs.
The admission team will shortlist applications based on past academic performance, aptitude test scores, work experience, extracurricular activities and other achievements.
Shortlisted candidates are required to visit one of the selection centres on campus (Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore or Sydney) for further evaluation. This includes writing essays, analysing case studies and an interview. Candidates are required to pay a non-refundable USD 100 as evaluation fee.
Approximately 3-5 working days after their evaluation, candidates are notified as to three potential outcomes: acceptance, waitlist or regret. Only candidates who have been offered admission will be notified via email.
GMBA May 2019 Intake Program Fees
|A. Payable by all students|
|B. Payable by students requiring a student visa|
|Visa charges - Dubai||3,520 *||950 *|
|Visa charges - Singapore||610||165|
|Visa charges - Australia||Students to obtain the same|
|C. Payable towards hostel accommodation (Compulsory)|
(Inclusive of transport to campus - Dubai only and Student Life and Activities - all campuses)
|E. Medical Insurance||2,780||750|
|5% VAT on Tuition Fees - Dubai||1,830||495|
|5% VAT on Book Fees - Dubai||80||22|
*On completing the program in Dubai, the visa would need to be cancelled. The visa charge covers the cancellation charge.
- On-campus housing is compulsory and you cannot stay off-campus. The program demands much preparation, group study and peer learning. Staying together on campus facilitates a smoother learning process for all participants, allowing them to benefit from teamwork, individual talents, cross-cultural exposure and more.
- Fees are payable at SP Jain's Dubai campus.
- All airfares would be borne separately by students.
- Accommodation costs include hostel charges in Dubai, Singapore and Sydney. The hostel accommodation fees do not include meal costs.
- A variety of food plans are available to students. It is normal to spend AED 700 or SGD 500 or AUD 750, per month, towards food and other living costs.
- Fees are subject to change at the discretion of the Institute.
- Last date for payment of all fees/monies – March 28, 2019**
- Payments received post the last date of March 28, 2019 will carry an interest rate of 15% p.a.
- The Singapore and Dubai visas would be processed by SP Jain.
- The Australian visa needs to be processed by the students.
SPJain would assist students with the documentation. Details on student visas for Australia are available on
Students need to ensure that they fulfill all criteria for securing the visa.
(** Timelines will be extended for offers made to students who apply to the program closer to the closing dates for application)
Yes, you can still apply. However, for the May 2019 intake, you need to have your passport in hand by April 1, 2019 as we need it to process your student visas.